To Vygotsky, to be or not to be, that is a unified question. My prior knowledge about Hamlet is very limited to a required reading in high school and a free ticket to the play performed by the best theatre group. I never understand why it's a great-of-all-time work. I own to the fact that I never spend time to try to understand the play and I am poor at literacy... One thing I'm sure is that I never experience emotional awareness from it. This was true until reading Vygotsky's chapter, The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark. I guess I am shallow at first when reading something new. I need to see the relevance or need to make sense first at the plot level. Obviously, I failed. I never see a person like Hamlet. To me, Hamlet is neither a character that exaggerates one characteristics of a real person nor a character based on a sophisticated real person. He is not even consistent. His immediate action of killing the person behind the curtain and his procrastination of...
Comments
Post a Comment